Amarillo Pedestrian Accident Claims
Pedestrian accidents are devastating accidents that typically result in life-altering injuries or death. Hit and run is not uncommon and it is becoming even more common with increased smart phone usage. Whether the driver remains on the scene or not, there may be no witnesses or witnesses may not have seen the entire event. You need the help of experienced Amarillo pedestrian accident claim lawyers, so that you can recover the full compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Please call Wood Law Firm LLP, for experienced attorneys who will represent you through every step of the process.
Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
In your pedestrian accident claim, we must establish fault. To do that, we must determine the cause or causes of your accident. Driver negligence is typically involved and can include:
- Failure to observe crosswalks
- Distracted driving
- Disobeying traffic signals
- Speeding, or driving too fast for the weather or traffic conditions
- Failure to check blind spots before backing out of a parking space or driveway
- Failure to use turn signals
- Failure to use caution when passing a vehicle that is stopped on the side of the road
- Failure to use caution in areas where children are known to be present
- Failure to use appropriate caution in hazardous weather conditions
- Failure to use caution in construction zones
- Improper passing of school buses
Driver negligence is not the only cause of pedestrian accidents. Other common causes include:
- Defective vehicle
- Malfunctioning traffic signal
- Poorly designed intersection
- Faulty streetlights
- Lack of streetlights in areas where pedestrians are likely to be present
- Poor or faulty lighting in parking lots and parking garages
- Poorly designed or improperly marked crosswalk
- Poorly designed bus stop
- Poorly designed parking lot
- Other roadway defects
- Unmarked or improperly marked construction zones
Getting Help Right Away
Pedestrian accidents require thorough investigation. There may not have been witnesses, and if there were, they may not have seen the whole event and what led up to you or your loved one getting hit. Our pedestrian accident lawyers need to collect and preserve the evidence in your case as soon as possible. Over time, surveillance and traffic camera video may be destroyed. Witnesses forget important details or may become difficult to locate.
There is also a time limit for filing your lawsuit. This time limit is called the statute of limitations. If you wait too long and let the deadline pass, you will lose your right to sue for your pedestrian accident injuries or the death of your loved one.
Please do not wait until it is too late for us to help you. Call the Amarillo pedestrian accident claims lawyers of Wood Law Firm LLP, at 806-372-WOOD (9663) or contact us right away.