Amarillo Burn Injury Lawyers
Committed to High-Quality Counsel When You Need it Most
Severe burns are devastating. They can take a heavy emotional toll, and the physical consequences can include permanent disabilities. Burn injuries require extensive medical treatment, both initially and long-term. Physical scarring can limit mobility and disfigurement can cause job loss, as well as extreme emotional pain and suffering. Burn injury treatment is expensive and often an ongoing process that can last for years. The experienced and compassionate Amarillo burn injury lawyers of Wood Law Firm, LLP are here to help.
Burn Injury Dangers
Whenever possible, severe burns should be treated in a burn center. However, if transport to a burn center will take longer than 30 minutes, initial treatment must take place in an emergency room, with further treatment taking place in a burn center when it safe to transport the patient.
Initial dangers associated with burn injuries include:
- Fluid imbalance
- Severe infection
- Kidney failure
- Adult respiratory distress syndrome
Long term consequences and treatment requirements can include:
- Extremely painful medical treatments
- Skin grafts
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Loss of use of the affected area
- Loss of mobility
- Nerve damage
- Organ damage
- Respiratory damage
- Severe, life-long chronic pain
- Permanent physical impairment, even with therapy
- Physical therapy to regain mobility and range of motion
- Life-long emotional pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Scarring and disfigurement so severe as to cause the victim to withdraw from society and loved ones
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are not always caused by fires or explosions.
There are many types of burn injuries that can happen, including:
- Thermal burns, caused by flames, contact with hot surfaces, and scalding
- Chemical burns
- Electrical burns
- Friction burns, such as severe road rash
- Radiation burns, caused by exposure to the sun, tanning booths, radiation therapy, and X-Rays
Why It's Worth Hiring a Lawyer for a Burn Injury
Hiring a lawyer after being seriously burned in an accident can be beneficial for several reasons. For example, personal injury law, especially cases involving serious burns, can be complex and vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. An experienced lawyer understands the intricacies of the legal system, relevant statutes, regulations, and case law. They can guide you through the process and ensure your rights are protected.
Insurance companies often aim to minimize their payouts to claimants. Having legal representation sends a signal that you are serious about seeking fair compensation. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to ensure you receive the appropriate settlement.
dealing with a serious burn injury is physically, emotionally, and mentally challenging. Having a lawyer handle the legal aspects of your case can alleviate some of your stress, allowing you to focus on your recovery and well-being.
Accidents & Negligence Leading to Burn Injuries
When someone else’s negligence or wrongdoing leads to burn injuries, or if your injuries were caused by a defective product, you may be able to recover substantial compensation that can pay for your medical expenses, long-term expenses, and your pain and suffering.
Types of accidents and incidents that can cause severe burn injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Oil field accidents
- Construction accidents
- Accidents and injuries caused by defective products
- Defective safety equipment, such as smoke alarms and fire extinguishers
- Gas leaks
- Inadequate fire escapes or fire safety equipment in buildings
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Medical malpractice
To learn more about burn injuries and how we can help you recover just compensation, please call our burn injury lawyers in Amarillo at (806) 304-0447, or contact Wood Law Firm, LLP using our online form.
Channy Wood was kind, compassionate, honest, & kept us informed every step of the way.- Sarah S.
Channy Wood was amazing throughout our case & went above and beyond for us.- Rodney P.
They don’t leave you in the dark.- Diana Torres
These guys are AWESOME!- Dwayne Holmes
They treat you like a family.- Melvin C.