Amarillo Defective Product Lawyer
Product Liability in Texas
Product liability laws demand that manufacturers, distributors, and other entities involved in the creation and sale of consumer products take necessary measures to ensure their products are reasonably safe for typical use. In other words, these entities are required to ensure that their products do not pose unreasonable risks or hazards to users. Depending on the type of product, this might include conducting proper testing, inspecting and removing hazardous design flaws, and ensuring that products are assembled and marketed correctly.
When product manufacturers and distributors fail to take these necessary steps, defective and dangerous products can get into the hands of ordinary consumers—often with disastrous results.
If you believe you or a loved one was injured by a defective product, reach out to our Amarillo defective product lawyers to learn more about your potential right to financial compensation. Since 1999, Wood Law Firm, LLP has been a voice for the voiceless. We are ready to help you file a product liability claim and fight back against negligent and wrongful manufacturer and distributor practices.
What Makes a Product Defective?
A product is considered defective if it poses an unreasonable risk to consumers when they use the product correctly and as intended.
Product defects typically fall into one of three categories:
- Design Defects: These occur when a product is poorly designed or has some flaw in the design that causes the product to pose an unreasonable risk of harm to users. When the risks associated with a product outweigh its benefits, it probably has a defective design. An example of this would be an SUV that rolls over easily due to an excessively high center of gravity or an over-the-counter pain reliever that has life-threatening side effects.
- Manufacturing Defects: A manufacturing defect occurs when the product is designed properly but a mistake is made or a flaw is introduced during production. As a result, only certain products or batches of products are affected, as opposed to an entire line. Examples of manufacturing defects include an airbag that is improperly installed in a vehicle, causing it to fail to deploy upon impact or a food item that is improperly sealed, allowing for contamination.
- Marketing Defects: Also known as a labeling defect, a marketing defect occurs when a product is missing instructions, safety warnings, and other important labels, such as choking hazards on children’s toys or safety warnings on power tools. Marketing defects can also occur when a product is marketed for unapproved uses, such as an anti-nausea medication that is marketed to pregnant women even though it has been linked to birth defects.
Our attorneys can investigate whether a product had a design defect, manufacturing defect, or marketing defect and, most importantly, who is liable. We handle all types of product liability cases and have a proven record of success in complex personal injury litigation.
Common Defective Products
While any product can be defective, some products are more commonly the subject of product liability litigation. Often, these products are recalled, either by the manufacturer, the FDA, or another entity. However, even products that have not been recalled can be defective and can cause serious bodily injuries and deaths.
Examples of common defective products include:
- Pharmaceutical drugs
- Over-the-counter medications
- Medical devices
- Children’s toys
- Auto parts, such as tires, airbags, seatbelts, etc.
- Vehicles, including cars, trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, boats, etc.
- Household appliances
- Power tools
- Heavy machinery and equipment
- Building materials
Unfortunately, these and other defective products can lead to catastrophic injuries for unsuspecting consumers, including head and brain injuries, amputation, burns, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and more. In the most tragic cases, defective products can even lead to wrongful death.
How Our Attorneys Can Help
Determining whether a defective product caused or contributed to an accident can be incredibly difficult. Doing so often requires the skill and expertise of various industry experts, such as accident reconstructionists, medical professionals, economists, and others.
At Wood Law Firm, LLP, we often work alongside a team of experts who help us conduct exhaustive investigations and determine how defective products played a role in our clients’ injuries. We utilize our extensive resources to build powerful cases on behalf of our clients, an approach that has helped us successfully recover millions of dollars for our clients over the past two decades.
Our Amarillo defective product attorneys can handle all of the legal aspects of your claim—from investigating the accident to examining your medical records and evaluating your damages to negotiating with the insurance company and preparing for trial, if necessary. Our goal is to provide you with the consistent communication you need to have peace of mind knowing your case is in good hands while you focus on your physical recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Whether you were injured in a car accident due to a defective airbag or lost a loved one who received a defective medical device, Wood Law Firm, LLP is here to help you fight for justice. We know the law, and we have what it takes to effectively take on large, powerful insurance companies and their defense teams. Our founding attorney is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is a Board-Certified Civil Law Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, among numerous other achievements and accolades. We have been AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for more than 15 years and have earned a reputation for compassionate, client-focused representation and aggressive advocacy.
We invite you to schedule a no-cost, no-obligation consultation with one of our attorneys today. We provide our legal services on a contingency fee basis, meaning we only collect attorneys’ fees if we recover compensation for you. If we do not win your case, you do not pay.
Channy Wood was kind, compassionate, honest, & kept us informed every step of the way.- Sarah S.
Channy Wood was amazing throughout our case & went above and beyond for us.- Rodney P.
They don’t leave you in the dark.- Diana Torres
These guys are AWESOME!- Dwayne Holmes
They treat you like a family.- Melvin C.