Road debris accidents can happen in a number of ways. They can involve flying debris that causes serious damage and injuries on its own, or lightweight flying debris that obscures a driver’s view, indirectly causing the accident. And debris doesn’t have to be airborne to cause serious accidents and injuries. Objects and other stationary debris on the road can be just as dangerous.
Determining who can be held liable for an accident involving road debris is not always a simple matter. If an accident was caused by road debris in Amarillo or anywhere in Texas, you need the experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys of Wood Law Firm, LLP, on your side.
Types of Road Debris
Common types of road debris involved in motor vehicles include:
- Tires and tire tread
- Other furniture
- Car parts
- Fallen trees and branches
- Trailers that have detached
- Hay bales
- Tools and other equipment
- Construction materials
- Downed power lines
- Light posts
- Traffic cones and barrels
Ways in Which Road Debris Causes Accidents and Injuries
Road debris can cause a single-vehicle accident or can cause a chain reaction ending in a multicar pileup. Examples of how road debris can cause accidents and injuries include:
- Pedestrian or bicyclist hit by flying debris
- Debris was thrown through the windshield or crushing the roof of the vehicle
- Vehicle hits large debris in the road, such as an appliance injuring occupants and possibly involving other vehicles
- Driver loses control of the vehicle when vision is obscured by debris covering the windshield
- Debris in the road causes vehicle damage that causes an accident
- Driver brakes suddenly or swerves to avoid debris, causing a single or multivehicle accident
TBI can have serious consequences for you and your loved ones. To learn more about your rights and how you can recover full and fair compensation please call Wood Law Firm, LLP, at (806) 304-0447 today.